Planning & Management Division
- Responsible for security and management of government seals and marks.
- Plans, coordinates, evaluates, and analyzes major projects and activities.
- Sends, receives, manages, publishes, and preserves documents.
- Maintains and protects the museum building and facilities.
- Responsible for budgeting, accounting, and settlement.
- Manages personnel management issues, including appointments, service, training, pensions, and wages of public servants.
- Manages the computerization systems and the website of the museum.
Cultural Exchange & Education Division
- Operates and manages the folklore video room.
- Handles publicity and international exchange related tasks.
- Manages volunteers.
- Develops and runs folklore and cultural educational programs.
- Holds traditional folklore events and performances.
- Develops and propagates educational programs from the museum on folk culture.
- Operation and management of the permanent exhibitions.
- Establishes Korean galleries at foreign museums.
- Organizes special exhibitions.
- Fortification of the contents of the permanent exhibitions in the museum.
- Management and fortification of the outdoor exhibitions in the museum.
- Studies and researches excellent exhibition techniques at museums at home and abroad.
- Investigates and researches traditional Korean folklife.
- Publishes reports and research papers on Korean folklife.
- Researches on finding the roots of traditional cultures.
- Hosts and manages wide range of academic seminars.
- Projects related to facilitation of traditional seasonal customs.
Collection Management Division
- Collects, acquires, and manages collections.
- Handles donations and loans of artifacts.
- Preservation of collections.
- Plans and identifies cultural contents, and develops cultural products.
- Publishes literature on the museum collection.
- Manages the operation of Folklore Archives.
Children’s Museum Division
- Establishment and execution of fundamental plans for exhibitions and exchange activities related to children.
- Management and operation of permanent exhibitions and special exhibition halls of the Children’s Folklore Hall.
- Management and operation of the outdoor experience ground for children.
- Issues on special exhibitions and exchange exhibitions related to children.
- Issues on overseas exhibitions and exhibitions of overseas cultural assets in Korea related to children.
- Issues regarding collection of materials related to children.
- Establishment and execution of fundamental plans for the education on folk culture related to children.
- Education and proliferation of folk culture related to children.
- Management and operation of the experience-learning center for children.
- Runs the travelling museum program for children.
- Runs educational programs for underprivileged children, handicapped children, and children from multicultural families.
- Development and distribution of educational materials on folk cultures related to children.
- Exchanges and cooperates with domestic and overseas institutions in the area of education related to children.
- Other issues on the promotion of folk cultures related to children.